What is a dermaroller treatment?
The Derma Roller (also called skin rollers, microneedle rollers, and dermarollers) is a small hand-held rolling device which has micro surgical steel needles that reach the inner surface of your skin to promote skin repair from the inside out. It stimulates elastin and collagen production in the skin without causing any damage. Using a Derma Roller is also referred to as skin needling.
Derma Rollers are supported by clinical studies to be effective in non-surgical and non-ablative treatment for a variety of skin conditions. These include aging, (wrinkles, fine lines, and stretch marks), scarring (acne and surgical), as well as cellulite and hyperpigmentation.
Who is dermaroller treatment good for?
Dermaroller treatment is good for clients who need a large area treated, and is most commonly used to treat the following skin conditions:
- Dull skin: Rejuvenate tired and dull skin and combat the initial signs of ageing.
- Wrinkles: Fine lines and wrinkles on the face can be visibly reduced, as dermarolling triggers collagen production.
- Scarring: Scars from acne and Chicken Pox can be improved and an uneven texture can be smoothed out with dermarolling
- Pigmentation: Can help to fade dark patches such as pigmentation due to sun damage or ageing.
- Dermaroller microneedling is a great treatment for you if you have darker skin because it doesn’t involve peels or lasers, which can cause pigmentation issues.
- Treatments can be performed on the body as well as the face, although prices are based on an area the size of the face.
Your dermaroller consultation: what to expect
Your dermaroller consultation will be with a nurse or doctor who will assess your condition and determine the most appropriate form of treatment. During your consultation they will be able to answer any questions you may have about your skin condition and give you personalised advice. If they decide your skin condition can be treated, they will be able to carry out the procedure in-clinic.
During this consultation they will:
- Assess your skin
- Discuss the best options to treat your skin and check suitability for treatment Explain the dermaroller procedure, recovery, likely outcomes and costs
- Go through your past medical history
- Answer any questions you may have