Anti-wrinkle injections (BTX) and Cosmetic Fillers
- Try to exercise your treated muscles for the first hour after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows or squinting). This helps to work the treatment into your muscles. Although this may help your procedure outcome, it will NOT impact your treatment negatively if you forget to do this.
- Do not apply make-up for 24 hrs after treatment
- Do NOT have a facial, nor rub or massage the treated area for 2 weeks after your treatment
- Do NOT lie down or do strenuous exercise for four hours after treatment. Also, avoid exposure to a sauna, hot tub or tanning for 14 days. This will prevent your blood pressure from rising and thus minimize the risk of bruising after treatment
- Please be aware that some, though very few patients experience a mild headache.
- Drink plenty of water
- Be assured that tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours after your treatment. There is a small risk of bruising. If this occurs, do not worry since it will only be temporary and can easily be covered up with makeup the next day. Any little bit of bruising may last up to one week
- After BTX is placed into the targeted muscles, the weakening effect gradually begins anywhere from 3-7 days and is not complete for 28 days. Therefore, optimal results are not seen until then.
- BTX will last approximately 2-3 months at first. However, if you maintain your treatment appointments with the frequency recommended, the duration of each treatment result may last longer than four months
- Filler will last approximately 6-12 months
- After filler is injected, you may be bruised, red or feel some swelling. This will all go down in time and you will feel the full effect of filler in about two weeks
- We recommend you start arnica tablets a few days before any filler treatment to help with bruising and swelling.
- We recommend you avoid make-up for 24 hrs and any facial treatments for 14-28 days.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hrs before any treatment
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your recent injections please don’t hesitate to contact us.